Solutions for Employers and Their Employees
Employers realize that more and more of their employees face the challenge of caring for an elderly relative or friend while juggling job, family and other responsibilities. They know that the resulting stress can negatively affect employees’ health and job performance.
Recognizing our high standards of in-home care, many employers and employee assistance programs (EAP) have designated Comfort Keepers® as a preferred provider to help employees achieve a better balance in their lives—and improved productivity at work.
We also offer to employers a series of complimentary educational seminars on a variety of senior care subjects.
Check with your employer’s human resources department to see if Comfort Keepers® is a preferred provider.
If you are a company or EAP interested in providing senior care benefits to employees, please contact: Laurie Saunders, Vice President, Operations, Comfort Keepers Canada.
Elder Care as a Workplace Issue
The National Alliance of Caregiving reports:
- More than 5 million Canadian provide care for a family member, friend or loved one
- 66% of Canadian caregivers work outside of the home
- 20% of caregivers said their own health worsened
- 45% of caregivers reported emotional stress and strain
- In addition, North American businesses lose as much as $34 billion a year in productivity due to employees’ caregiving, according to the MetLife Caregiving Cost Study : Productivity Losses (July 2006).