Interactive Caregiving™ - our distinctive approach to in-home care—is at the very heart of Comfort Keepers®.
Our dedicated caregivers, the special people we call Comfort Keepers®, transform day-to-day caregiving into opportunities for meaningful conversation and activities that engage and enrich the lives of seniors physically, mentally, socially and emotionally.
This practice of Interactive Caregiving can contribute to longer, healthier, more purposeful lives for seniors - a fact proven by many research studies that point to the health benefits of active living in later life.
For maximum effectiveness, Comfort Keepers tailor Interactive Caregiving to the personality and unique interests and abilities of each senior client.
Interactive Caregiving may, for example, include:
- walks in the neighborhood or dancing to music;
- working together on household chores;
- discussing current events or personal interests;
- reminiscing while viewing photo albums;
- working on hobbies, puzzles or crafts;
- and going shopping, to place of worship, a senior centre or civic group activities.